Marguerite “Marge” Lucile Stephenson age 95 of E. Cherry St., Clyde passed away Sunday, July 13, 2008 at her home. She was born Nov. 11, 1912 in Clyde the daughter of the late Emmit and Clara (Engle) Mason. She lived her entire life in Clyde. At age 6, she lost her mother and her grandparents, Anna and Frank Mason helped to raise her.She was a valedictorian of her 1929 graduating class at Clyde High School and graduated from Tiffin University in 1931. She worked at Clyde Porcelain and Steel from 1934 – 1942, as secretary to the president. She owned Steve’s Dry Cleaning and later Steve’s News Stand for over 40 years. Over the years she touched hundreds of paper boy’s lives.
Marge was affiliated with the First Presbyterian Church of Clyde. She was a past secretary for the Fraternal Order of Eagles, Ladies Auxiliary, and a class delegate for CHS Alumni Association. She was also a member of the Clyde Senior Citizen Club, American Legion Auxiliary, Clyde Heritage League, Inc., National Geographic Society, and a proud Clyde Public Library card holder. She was a founding member of the Clyde-Findlay Area Credit Union.
Marge enjoyed traveling the world, attending concerts and local events, visiting with friends, playing cards and loved ballroom dancing.
She is survived by many nieces and nephews and her sister in law Florence Stier of Greensburg, IN. In addition to her parents and grandparents her husband Russell W. “Steve” Stephenson whom she married Dec. 23, 1936 in Clyde and her sister Ruth M. Robbins, step-brother, Roger B. Farver, and step sisters, Marceda Heiser and Mary Louise Glueck preceded her in death.
A graveside funeral will be held Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 11:00 am at McPherson Cemetery, Clyde
Memorials are suggested to: The Clyde Library, 222 West Buckeye St., Clyde, OH 43410, First Presbyterian Church, 113 W. Forest, Clyde, OH 43410, Tiffin University,155 Miami St., Tiffin, OH 44883, or the Clyde High School Theater, 106 South Main, Clyde, OH 43410
Services are in care of Foos – Klein Funeral Home, 318 S. Main St., Clyde.